An hour’s drive from Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Allentown in Pennsylvania, as well as Wilmington, Delaware, Hickory House Nursing Home is conveniently located to make the most of the attractions in the area. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Greater Pittsburgh Convention and Visitors Bureau is a resource for visitors to view attractions, accommodations, restaurants, shopping and events in the area.
- Hersheypark is an amusement park with more than 60 rides, a water park, a zoo and stage shows. Visitors can explore six themed areas with attractions for all ages.
- Longwood Gardens was started in 1798 and has grown to more than 9,000 plants in 40 gardens, with most of the plants being raised on the grounds. Known for creating new and exotic plants, there are exhibits, fountains, events and a pipe organ museum for visitors to explore.
- Home of the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish community, this Amish country visitors’ guide provides links for events, shopping, dining, attractions and accommodations in Amish country.
- Visit Hershey and Harrisburg Visitors Bureau contains information for tourists looking to explore the city of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, including things to do, hotels, events and culture.